Monday, September 22, 2014

Not as Bad as I Thought!


Coming into the third week of my first Graduate semester, it doesn't seem so bad anymore! While I still have a ways to go with this semester, the workload seems a lot more manageable now that I'm getting back into the swing of things. I've already started a few of my projects, so I am a little bit ahead right now. I truly am enjoying this semester so far! This just makes me more excited to continue my studies and reach my goal of earning my PhD and becoming a professor! Seeing as how I've just talked about my classes in the past two blogs, I figured I'd give a little bit more on who I am. This past weekend my best friend had an amateur fight for MMA at the Taj in Atlantic City. While I don't do MMA, I have done Tae Kwon Do since I was three years old. I am a fourth degree black belt master and have achieved a lot throughout my life in Tae Kwon Do. I haven't competed in about five years, which is sad to me. I have been state champion, national champion, and junior Olympic champion multiple times in my life. Seeing my friend fight really just made me want to train more so I can compete in this upcoming year. I was worried about having so much work that I wouldn't be able to train, but as each passing day gets easier I can tell that I'll have plenty of time to train. For those that don't know. this is Tae Kwon Do sparring and what I compete in. In the coming blogs I'll not only talk about my semester, but add a little bit about myself each time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shane...I agree with you that it isn't as bad once you get going into the semester! It's a balancing act, that's for sure:) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way Shane. It really takes some time to get into the swing of things but once you have the full picture of what is expected, you can start chipping away at it. Very cool about your Tae Kwon Do background- I won't try to mess with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane I agree that it's starting to feel like I too am beginning to get a handle on all the work that needs to be done! Very cool about the Tae Kwon Do!

    ReplyDelete