Saturday, October 25, 2014

Self-Concept

This week in Adult Learning, we presented our andragogical map for self-concept. This particular attribute really meant a lot to me in many ways. I recently decided to stop the MAIT program so I can begin my journey to aqcuire my PhD in either Politics in Communication or Political Science. I am self-motivated to become the best person that I can be. Determination is something that I have always had throughout my life; from Tae Kwon Do to playing the guitar in a band to school. I don't mind the long journey ahead of me, because I know that this is what I truly want to accomplish. This realization took a little while, but when I discovered what I truly wanted to do I knew that this would be my future. The cost of war is a great website that gives an insight into the type of devastation that occurs when war ensues. I bring up this website because, foreign politics as well as national, are what inspire me to keep learning more and more each day
On a lighter note......we reached the half-way freeze!!! I'm pretty confident that in the next week or two, I'll be finished all my work for Instructional Technology in the 21st Century! 

2 comments:

  1. So Shane, what is it you see yourself doing in life? My aunt is a NJ Assemblywoman and I occasionally accompany her on various political trips, usually during election time. As much as it can be exciting, the realistic part of it does not appeal to me. I commend you on being so self assured and motivated, wonderful qualities to have. I really appreciate your mindset, your use of "long journey" stands out to me. So many times we just want to jump from A to Z but you forget all the in between which can be a pretty cool ride in itself. Love the guitar btw, my daughter sings and attends Berklee in Boston, we'll see where her journey leads. Great news on being finished 5001! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for knowing exactly where you want to be and pursuing your dreams! I would imagine majority of people don't know this answer and some may never find out.

    ReplyDelete